Global Transmission Research released the second edition of the Global Electricity Transmission Report on February 25, 2014. The report is a comprehensive and up-to-date study of the high voltage electricity transmission segments in over 90 countries presenting significant investment opportunities. The report presents key statistics and describes developments in the electricity transmission sectors of these countries from 2005 to 2013, and will offer growth and investment projections up to 2020. The focus of the report is the high voltage transmission segment of 110 kV and above levels.
Each country profile attempts to provide data and analysis on:
The report has 1032 pages and comprises three distinct sections.
Part 1 of the report 27 pages analyses the existing state of, and the expected opportunities for, the global high voltage electricity transmission industry. It examines the technical, regulatory and financing developments and trends and analyses key growth drivers and challenges. It also presents the expected growth and investment opportunities, and the outlook for the industry.
Part 2 of the report 813 pages provides detailed profiles of the 90 countries. These countries are organised into six regions: North America, Latin America, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Africa. Each section on the six regions begins with a regional analysis on the key developments and the expected investment opportunities in that region. The report covers two countries in North America; 11 countries in Latin America; 35 countries in Europe; 21 countries in Asia; 12 countries in Africa; and 8 countries in the Middle East.
- Industry structure and key players
- Existing generation capacity and production
- Expected addition to generation capacity
- Existing transmission network and capacity
- - Line length by voltage level (110 kV and above)
- - Line length by technology (AC and DC)
- - Line length by type of line (overhead, underground and undersea)
- - Transformer capacity
- - Number of substations/transformers
- - Existing cross-border electricity interconnections
- Expected growth in transmission network and capacity
- - Projections by voltage level (110 kV and above)
- - Projections by technology (AC and DC)
- - Projections by type of line (overhead, underground and undersea)
- - Projections for transformer capacity
- Expected investment in transmission network
Part 3 (Appendix) of the report provides a listing of key domestic transmission and cross-border electricity interconnection projects planned for each country. It also includes a note on the research methodology and sources.
The report is indispensible for any organisation interested in the global high voltage transmission industry—utilities, system operators, equipment manufacturers and suppliers, EPC contractors, service and technology providers, investors/lenders, research organisations, industry consultants, regulatory agencies, development institutions, etc.
The report is available in PDF format. It is priced at USD4,400.
To download the brochure for the report, please click here
To purchase the report online, please click here
For further inquiries, please contact:
B-17, Qutab Institutional Area
New Delhi - 110016,
Mobile: +91 9555437913
Fax: +91 11 2653 1196